Summiting Mount Rainier is all about a challenge. If you are into challenges, into pushing your limits, then this is a great place to do it. In order to summit the mountain I suggest using guides. You can find guides from a “Guide Company” I would recommend the one I used Alpine Accents. The guides were great and we accomplished what we set out to do.
Summiting Mount Rainier: HARD or NOT?
Tips for Success:
- Guide Services. You don’t want to do this without one.
- Train like you are climbing Everest. Over preparation is perfect.
- Get good equipment. Either buy the best or Rent EVERYTHING.
- Expect the worse. If you can do that, you will be happy with anything.
- Find a good snack bar or energy bar that sits in your stomach well and you can eat when you don’t want to eat.
- F$#@ Altitude sickness preparation. Forget about its existence, breath deep.
And don’t forget if you want to achieve something you can! just go and get it. Train hard, be awesome, love and live for an adventure!