My next “achievement” is Summiting Mount Baldy in 1 day…. HARD or NOT?
Summiting Mount Baldy in 1 day is: MED HARD
Tips for success:
- Leave EARLY! if you don’t leave early, making it up and down before dark is close to impossible.
- Bring lots of water. It gets hot and you are at a little bit of altitude.
- Bring some food. Plan on eating 3 small meals. (i.e. 2000 Calories)
- Stop by the visitor center and ask the ranger, which route to the top is best for your skill level. What I take up to the top, will be different than what your mother takes to the top.
- Bring a camera! The view from the top is pretty amazing.
All in all the trip up and down to the summit of Mount Baldy was grueling. Then again, I left late in the morning and had to increase the pace of accent and decent to make up for my miscalculation of time.