I sit here and write from the couch of an amazing hotel lobby bar. Somewhere in Napa, nestled between vineyards and golden hills, I am writing. On the table in front of me sits a half eaten hummus plate and a beautiful crystal mug of Home made hot apple cider. I wonder if everybody else around me is taking note on how beautiful this scene is? Are they aware of the smooth jazz Christmas music that is playing, sounding as though a piano player were right behind them.
I am not sure.
I have just finished reading another bloggers post on “37 Things You will Regret When You Are Old” Many points made in the article have hit home.
I will speak of 5 things that really strike a chord in my soul.
1. Never Finishing What we Started- Habits of Punctuality, order, and diligence get us to where we want to be when we start. Find these habits, cultivate them with a strong will and thrive.. People remember 2 things about a story, The beginning and the End. That is it! So whatever you have to do to finish, do it!
2. Not Stopping enough to appreciate the moment- We have a finite amount of time on this planet. It is beautiful. Take a moment and enjoy it.
3. Staying in a Bad Relationship- If you don’t like it leave!! There are soooo many people out there to discover and explore, to stay in a relationship that makes you unhappy, well, you are simply choosing to be an unhappy person, I’m sure you will regret that when you are an old bag of dust.
4. Not Volunteering enough- Old people wish they had made a difference in the world. Leaving the world a better place than which you found it, should be on the goal sheet of everyone of us! Give more Get more!! #gogiver
5. NOT BEING GRATEFUL SOONER- Everyday I wake up and say, Thank You. Every night I go to bed saying THANK YOU!!! I practice gratitude everyday and night. There is no better therapy, NONE, than the practice of gratitude! Being grateful for what you have gives the universe, or God, whatever your thing is, no choice but to give you more to be grateful for!! So practice being grateful and reap the benefits!
Inspiration can be found anywhere, look for it every day and be happy.
I will now go back to my hot cider and my beautiful music. I will give thanks for this moment tonight before I go to bed. I am a lucky guy.